JONATHAN BROCKLEBANK: Yes, I'm a WFH hypocrite but I've earned the right to throw stones at entitled civil servants
As I write this, I am dressed for the beach. On seeing the blue skies from the kitchen window at 7am, I decided to wear a T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops to the office.
The WFH Dilemma
Working from home (WFH) has become a norm for many during the pandemic. While it offers flexibility and comfort, it raises questions about productivity and professionalism.
Productivity Concerns
Without the traditional office environment, distractions at home can impact work efficiency. Employers are reevaluating the true output of remote workers.
Professionalism vs. Comfort
Dressing casually like going to the beach while working blurs the line between personal and professional life. How does this impact work culture and expectations?
Entitlement in the Civil Service
The entitlement culture in civil service has been a long-standing issue. How does the WFH trend exacerbate this problem?
Entitled Behavior
Entitled civil servants may misuse the WFH privilege, leading to lower accountability and commitment to public service.
Closing Insight
While WFH offers benefits, it's crucial to strike a balance between comfort and professionalism. Addressing entitlement in the civil service is essential for a productive and accountable workforce.
- Explore the impact of WFH on productivity and professionalism.
- Understand how entitlement affects the civil service in the WFH era.
- Find the balance between comfort and professionalism in remote work setups.
Comments
Post a Comment